If you or a family member has been in an accident, we can help. If one of your employees was involved in an accident and your company is facing a lawsuit, we can help.Free Consultation
Businesses and individuals must be able to quickly pursue and defend against a variety of legal claims, including expedited requests for injunctive relief, business torts, partner disputes, or litigation that could place the entire company at risk.View more
MGA Law’s employment practice group has extensive experience in handling all aspects of employment litigation disputes.View more
Our system of justice is based on accountability and responsibility. Lawyers are bound by professional codes of conduct and ethics, as well as various state laws.View more
Jason R. Maier
Founding partner of Maier Gutierrez & Associates. His practice includes the representation of individuals and businesses, with a concentration in the areas of personal injury, business, and commercial litigation.View more
Joseph A. Gutierrez
Founding partner of Maier Gutierrez & Associates, focusing his legal practice on all phases of litigation, from obtaining fast and favorable pre-litigation results to handling cases through trial and appeal.View more
PERSONAL INJURY, CAR ACCIDENT & WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS IN LAS VEGAS
The personal injury lawyers at Maier Gutierrez & Associates will tirelessly fight for the compensation you deserve. We offer free consultations to personal injury clients, and you pay nothing unless we win.
Personal Injury, Car Accident & Wrongful Death Attorneys Serving Las Vegas
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Have to Pay Attorneys Fees If My Injury Case Is Unsuccessful?
No. Our personal injury lawyers offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. That means if you don’t win, then you won’t pay any attorneys fees.
How Can Maier Gutierrez & Associates Help with My Personal Injury Case?
There can be a world of difference in the quality of representation offered by different law firms. At Maier Gutierrez & Associates, our seasoned litigators have achieved successful outcomes in a wide variety of personal injury cases. Here are a few ways we can assist with your claim:
- Approximate a Fair Settlement: Insurance companies turn a profit based on one simple principle; they take in more in premiums than they pay out in settlements. As such, you cannot trust them to offer you a fair sum for your damages. Before entering negotiations, it helps to have a clear idea of what your claim is worth. Our personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas can evaluate your case, collect evidence, review medical bills and other expenses, consult with expert witnesses, and take other steps to estimate the value of your case. If you have already received an offer from the insurance company, our lawyers can tell you whether the offer is fair or falls short of what you are owed.
- Help You Avoid Common Mistakes: In the wake of a serious accident, every one of your actions may be scrutinized by the insurance company or opposing party. Did you post about your claim on social media? Did you follow your doctor’s orders? Did you seek immediate medical treatment? Any mistakes you make can be leveraged by the insurer to dispute the validity of your claim. For instance, if you were told to attend a follow-up with your doctor but failed to show up, the insurer may argue that you were negligent and you might be held at least partially liable for your damages. Our personal injury lawyers can help you navigate the days and weeks following the accident, informing you of common errors and oversights and how to avoid them. We can also handle correspondence with the insurer so that you don’t have to worry about saying something that could compromise your claim.
- Collect Evidence: Strong evidence is essential to achieving a successful outcome in a Nevada personal injury case. If there are gaps in the evidence you’ve gathered, it’s likely the insurance company and other opposing parties will dispute aspects of your claim. Evidence can include your medical bills, eyewitness statements, an official accident report, expert witness deposition, pictures of your injuries, financial documents, and other information that could help prove liability, causation, and damages. Once our attorneys have reviewed your case, they will know which types of evidence could help strengthen your claim and take steps to obtain these missing pieces.
What Errors Should I Avoid While My Case Is Pending?
In a personal injury case, even minor errors can seal your claim’s fate, limiting the potential recovery and leaving you on the back foot from day one. Below are a few mistakes you should avoid for the duration of your case:
- Ignoring Your Doctor’s Orders: Recovering from a catastrophic injury can be incredibly challenging. If you’ve been told to stay home and rest, it can be agonizing to be left on the sidelines while those around you enjoy their lives. But giving into any temptations to join in could be incredibly harmful for your case. If the insurer discovers that you went against your doctor’s orders, they may assert that you were negligent as you failed in your duty to take sufficient steps to mitigate damages. Whether your healthcare provider has instructed you to rest, complete daily stretches, or take prescription medication, you should never deviate from their script.
- Posting About the Accident Online: From juggling new expenses to grappling with the pain associated with your injuries, the days and weeks following this traumatic event can be incredibly challenging. As such, you may want to reach out to friends and family on social media for emotional support. While their kind words and advice can help you get through this challenging chapter of your life, your own comments on these platforms could come back to haunt you. The insurance company may be monitoring your social media accounts for any evidence that could be used to challenge your case. If you post about the accident, you may contradict other evidence in your case or make comments that could be misinterpreted as you admitting fault for causing the accident. At Maier Gutierrez & Associates, our lawyers will likely advise you to disable your accounts for the duration of your case.
- Not Seeking Treatment in Time: A prompt diagnosis can help you get the treatment you need to start on the road recovery. But seeking immediate medical treatment is not only about taking care of your health; it could also help reduce the chances of facing disputes when you file your claim. If you skipped this important step, the insurance company may assert that your injuries can’t be that serious if you did not require urgent care. Alternatively, they may argue that by postponing treatment, you caused your condition to worsen. Even if your injuries don’t appear to be serious, you should always visit the doctor as soon as you can after leaving the accident scene.
How Soon Should I Visit the Doctor After the Accident?
You may be reluctant to take time out of your busy day to visit the doctor after an accident—especially if your injuries don’t appear to be very serious. However, skipping this important step doesn’t just carry the risk of further health complications down the line; you may also face disputes when you file your personal injury claim.
Here are a few reasons why you should never delay a diagnosis after an accident:
- Your Condition May Worsen: Many serious conditions may initially present with only latent or minor symptoms. For instance, a concussion could be accompanied by a persistent headache. Left untreated, your health could deteriorate leading to added complications and medical expenses. As such, you should visit the doctor immediately after leaving the scene of the accident—regardless of the severity of your injuries.
- You Have a Duty to Mitigate Damages: Getting a prompt diagnosis can help you mitigate disputes when you file your personal injury claim. If your injuries worsen because you did not seek medical treatment in time, the insurer may assert that you were negligent. Your financial award will be reduced if it’s demonstrated that your own negligence contributed to your damages. Visiting a doctor immediately after leaving the accident scene can help you avoid these disputes and may also make it easier for your lawyer to connect your injuries to the incident in question.
- Insurance Companies Want to See Official Records: As part of a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you will need to demonstrate the types of damages you incurred. Whether it’s lost wages, home modifications, or your medical bills, the parties involved will want to see records documenting your expenses. When you visit the doctor, he or she will typically create medical records which may include information regarding the severity of your injuries, recommended treatments, prescription medications, and other healthcare interventions.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
I came to Maier Gutierrez and Associates after a couple of bad ones. I am extremely pleased to say not only was I ALWAYS treated with respect and dignity I was a priority no matter what. The entire staff was a dream come true. I can’t believe the injuries and recovery I had to go through, I was beyond depressed. My attorney’s office never let a chance go by to let me know they were thinking about me. I felt fully supported I was well advised and my best interest was never in question. Their professionalism and knowledge allow you to fight and heal with absolute certainty that you are taken care of. Jason Maier is the best attorney and is beyond pleasant to meet with. I can’t thank him and his team enough. 10 ⭐ rating
This was my first experience with this type of legal matter, and MGA walked me through the whole process from start to finish. The team kept me up to date and on what was going on throughout the process. All of the attorneys, support staff, and receptionist were extremely professional and friendly. I had no expectations of the outcome but at the end they over delivered on my expectations and made the best out of an unpleasant situation.
I have only good things to say about MGA Law. I was very nervous about heading into legal territory but from the start, my worries were put to rest. Every call or text for any question or issue was met with kindness and assurance that made me feel that my best interests were in great hands. Brooke and Julia are patient and knowledgeable and at times I felt like they held my hand through every step, keeping me informed and many times, calm. Jason is also extremely kind and his work through the mediation was highly commendable. He made sure I was prepared for the process and his expertise made for a quick, painless and favorable outcome! I cannot express how thankful my family is for representing myself and my son and treating us with such great care and respect. God Bless you all at MGA Law! ❤️